Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Things I don't do well

Let me preface this by saying these are in no particular order, I don’t know why I feel like I need to tell you this.

Ok, so lets begin.

Running-
I wish I could run, but I can’t. I actually wish I enjoyed it, so that I could do these fun half marathons. But it is not one of my gifts, to put it mildly. I mean there could be a angry flock of goats chasing me and I would not be able to do anything about it. (I know what your thinking “goats don’t run in flocks” but I’m pretty sure they do. And I’m pretty sure I’ve seen them in NW Arkansas glaring at me.)

Singing-
Ok I think it is awesome for those out there that can sing. I mean I am like 90% happy for you guys and only like 10% jealous. A complete lack of talent and motivation have kept me from performing at many concerts. To date, there is not a music video that features me. I’ve put some thought into this and have found ways to correct this, despite my lack of musical ability. I have noticed that there are some songs where the singing stops and someone talks. This falls solidly within my skill set. I can certainly talk. So I feel like I am well on my way, If you were curious. This is why I am 10% happy for those who can belt it out and only like 90% jealous.

Putting gas in the car-
I wish I could explain this one to you, I know my husband wishes I could explain this one to him. There is no good explanation. It seems physically impossible, so I just wait until it has fumes left and then let Ben borrow it. This is how I get things done in my world.

Flying in planes-
It makes me physically ill to think about these death traps. Not only do I feel like I am going to throw up the entire time, but I also feel like we are going to crash into a large mountain, bird, other plane, etc. I also feel weird having that close proximity to strangers. I feel obligated to get to know this person since we’ll be touching for the next several hours. Unlucky chap, all he wanted was to sleep and get his bag of peanuts.

I don’t do a lot of other things well either but this is neither the time nor the place.

I want you to know that I only tell you things that are vitally important- this way you don’t waste your time. Your time is important to me.

4 comments:

  1. Carrie, you make me laugh so hard I cry. Thank you! I needed that today. Love you guys!

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got so tickled reading this because I can identify with every single one of them. I am a terrible runner, not the least bit athletic. It sounds SO cool to me to take off running when I am having a bad day but I can't do it. I cannot sing AT all. I hurt my own ears. I didn't start putting gas in my car until the last year and that is only when forced to. :) Flying...oh, I do a lot of prayer during that time and only fly when necessary. I always love reading your entries...they crack me up yet comfort me at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. snort snort...i had to read it again. hehehe!!

    jaimi

    ReplyDelete