Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Great Meat Marinade

This is a wonderful meat marinade recipe. It is good for steak, pork, and chicken. It is reusable marinade but not after you use it on chicken, due to the throw up factor or what some people call, salmonella.

I once had salmonella poisoning, so did my daughter and my husband and some friends we were eating with. It hit us about 24 hours after eating. My daughter just threw up a few times bc she only ate a little. I was pregnant at the time with Jacob so I chowed down. Probably had two or three helpings of the stuff. Ben too. So we both started throwing up that next night. And. it. would. not. stop. I was so sick, Ben took me to the women's hospital since I was pregnant. They put me in a bed and hooked me up to an iv. Ben, bless his heart was by my side trying to be a comfort. He had to keep running to the bathroom to throw up. He looked real bad, pasty white, sweaty. At some point in the night he collapsed and they had to admit him to the hospital too. We got to share a room! They told them he was the first male ever to be admitted to the hospital. That was a proud moment for us both. We felt much better after about 24 hours and went home. We talked to our friends who also said they threw up all night, I guess they didn't have it as bad as us though. I felt really guilty......

oh yea, did I mention that I made the meal that sent us to the hospital? Sometimes it’s truly the thought that counts, isn't it? You betcha.

Oh and the night I got salmonella we were eating chicken spaghetti NOT anything marinaded. So don't get scared away. This marinade is so yummy. Try not to think about the story I just told.

OK lets begin!

You will need:

1 1/2 cups salad oil
3/4 cups soy sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons dry mustard
2 tablespoons parsley
1 tablespoon pepper
2 1/4 tsp salt
2 cloves of garlic crushed or chopped

Combine all ingredients and stir. Then add the meat! Its really easy. Sorry I have no pictures. I usually marinade steak for 6 to 8 hours, pork about the same, and chicken just a couple of hours. I usually use the marinade up within a couple of weeks of making it. I will post some pictures of the finished products the next time I make it!

2 comments: